The practical training year is extremely important to the pharmacy graduate. The pre-registration programme, developed by the South African Pharmacy Council (Council), lays the foundation for the internship year and provides the pharmacy graduate with an opportunity to gain practical experience and knowledge in a practice setting. It is also the year in which the tutor nurtures and guides the intern towards adopting a specific approach and attitude towards the practice of the pharmacy profession.
Click here to download the 2019 Intern and Tutor Manual
The Intern CPD System has been revamped. To help interns navigate the new system, an Intern CPD User Manual has been compiled. Click here to download the Intern CPD User Manual.
Other important documents (Click on title to download/view):
- Good Pharmacy Practice Manual and Associated SAPC Rules
- SA Guide to GMP June 2010
- Standard Treatment Guidelines and Essential Medicines List For South Africa - (Hospital Level Adults) 2015 Edition
- Standard Treatment Guidelines and Essential Medicines List For South Africa - (Hospital Level Paediatrics) 2017 Edition
- Standard Treatment Guidelines and Essential Medicines List For South Africa - (Primary Health Care Level) 2018 Edition
- National Drug Policy for South Africa