CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
SALARY GRADE: E1 (competitive TCTC remuneration associated with the relevant grade) 66 % of the remuneration is pensionable base, 34% to be structured as per individual needs Viz Medical Aid, 13th cheque, housing, travel, etc.
Have a BCom Honours in Accounting or Finance, and be qualified as a CA(SA). Minimum: 10 years financial management experience, 5 years of which should be at senior management level. Regulatory environment/auditing background, management experience in the administration of pensions and auditing will serve as a recommendation.
Practical knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, reporting and presentation skills, coaching and mentoring skills, risk management, administration, problem-solving, mediation of tensions; liaison and communication skills. Excellent track record in research and project management with strong leadership skills.
1. Responsible for the total quality management in all activities relating to the planning, organising, coordinating, and providing guidance in the full spectrum of financial and accounting support services to the SAPC.
2. Oversee the budgeting processes, monitoring and control to ensure the long-term sustainability of operations and accountability, as well as for the effective application of supply chain management processes.
3. Responsible for statutory compliance, management, and financial reporting/ preparation of financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards.
4. Responsible for the effective administration of SAPC personnel pension fund and medical scheme contributions, payment of salaries and creditors, as well as the internal controls for the effective maintenance and security of all assets.
5. Responsible for effective employee relationship management in the Financial Support Services Department (Finance, Supply Chain and Human Resources).
6. Responsible for the effective management of Council Committees; pension fund board of trustees/ management committee, Audit and Risk Committee, Tender and audit-related task teams of Council.
7. Assists the Registrar/CEO to oversee effective risk management and internal audit processes.
In line with the Council’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, suitable candidates from the designated groups are encouraged to apply.
All applications for the position should be forwarded to CFO@sapc.za.org, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications to: Human Resources Department, for attention: Mr NJ Mashishi, Telephone No. 012-319 8521, South African Pharmacy Council, 591 Belvedere Street, Arcadia, Pretoria. Faxed application will not be acceptable.
Candidates will be subjected to the vetting processes.
The closing date is 10 October 2021
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application as being unsuccessful.